Friday, January 29, 2010

Things that like to go boom

I can't get spontaneous combustion out of my head. Those black and white photos of people, lying in fireplaces, boots, devoid of humans, small piles of ashes. What happened, wha happen? That instantaneous and unexplained transformation from bellied, flesh wielding humanoid to flaming HOT HOT piles. I think there's some beautiful simplicity in there, what was happening in the lives of those people before they seemingly blew up in their living rooms? Did they manage to feed the cat? Did they pay their gas bills? What caused the heat? Wha? Wha? Wha happen? And more importantly, as someone writing a backing track to accompany the subject, what would it sound like. All I can say is that I'm trying to secure the services of a flute and a banjo to convey the sonic impression. Good luck all.

3 comments:

  1. Boom, boom, shake, shake the room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tim: I have written a song with chord changes for you. Would be so kind as to email me at richardafield@hotmail.com

    ... so that I may pass said song onto you and let you do your magic.

    Feel free to improvize. My guitar was on the other side of the room so I decided to just jam the tune and lyrics in my head kinda free stylee.

    In keep with Brownio's concerns I have entitled the song: 'Fire from Heaven, Dude.'

    Rich

    ReplyDelete